Monday, August 25, 2008

So, to further highlight the lameness of my life

i have REALLLLLLLYY excited newsss!

Here's the thing: My job closed down last wednesday for three weeks and I JUST barely saved enough money for bills and rent. Then the day after, my left over scholarship money (because i'm just that good) came in. SO i bought my books and that new camera. So ...that money is null and void gone. SO i still have all the money i saved and maybe 60 dollars left over from my scholarship fund. But, as of yesterday, i had to get a bike lock and possibly a basket for my bicycle. And i tried to go to the cheapest places in the world because i can't afford someplace that is expensive, but i was finally forced to go to the bike shop because the two cheapest places in the world are also the two least stocked places in the world. SOOOO i bought a basket, but not a lock, because the bike shop had ittie bittie locks for more than i was willing to pay and the bookstore has ginormous locks for the same price, ONLY THING IS the bookstore is closed on sunday (which was yesterday).

I got home with even less money than before and the freakin basket DOESN'T fit. So..yeah. I'd have to buy a bigger one, which is much more expensive and thus i just can't get one all together.

SO AFTER THAT sob story, you're probably wondering where the happy part is.

WELL this morning i stumbled upon NOT ONE but TWO locks. I have an old rope lock, which i found in the closet and UNDERNEATH that was the key to joel's ULOCK that's ginormous. (oh yes, used that word twice!). I've been search for that key for freaking ever because if i found it i could use HIS lock and never have to buy one (cause he doesn't have a bicycle).

SO! That's the best news ever because now i can GET a bigger basket and not worry about moneyyyyy!!!

gah, i hate money.

anyways. An hour into my day and the best thing has already happened. Tomorrow i start classes. but maybe i can actually really get down to hampton park today instead of just talking about it. =)

No comments: